Monday, March 23, 2009

Voided landscape


As I looked out the front window this afternoon I discovered my very own voided landscape. The mower man is currently indisposed so the grass and edges have not been trimmed this week and this is probably why it fitted the bill. Normally the mowing and trimming needs to be done each week at this time of the year - it may have to wait at least one more week this time.



There is something very tactile about grass of this length. This will probably be as much as I can contribute to the month's challenge as my Ziggy embroidery is a slow project to be savoured and decidely unrushed.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Amazing what you see when you look around-funny thing was, I was thinking garden paths this morning when I trying to think what to stitch

carorose said...

That really would make a great embroidery. Sometimes the best things are right under our noses and we don't see them.

Carolyn

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

What a great example of negative space pattern! Negative space is not something I can easily recognize. I also have difficulty seeing highlights, so I'm going to have to be more watchful.