Wednesday, August 13, 2008

July TIF Challenge





Hello everyone. I am so sorry that I haven't managed even one post in such a long time. I spent six weeks totally absorbed by Sharon Boggon's Studio Journals course. The course was, like all of Sharon's, a tremendous course but I was left with no spare time.
Over the six weeks I did very little embroidery but did start this piece. It is derived from two kaleidoscopes that I produced during the course. I became totally addicted to making these using www.krazydad.com/kaleido .


The challenge for July was Half Way Mark - my interpretation is very simplistic - this is the first side of a biscornu that I embroidered.
This is very late and I need to start my August exercise since we are well into the month. The second half of the biscornu will probably wait until I have stitched the August TIF.

5 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

good to see you back here - glad you enjoyed the course (and you time away?) I think this biscornu is very pretty.
look forward to catching up soon

hippopip said...

Great stitching and a lovely design.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Isn't that kaleidoscope tool wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love those stitches, inspiring kaleido's, too! http://miekenoor.web-log.nl

neki desu said...

well, the wait was worth it.
lovely stitching and thanks for the link

neki desu