Saturday, September 15, 2007

Finished the Opera House


My last piece associated with the Sumptuous Surfaces course is complete.
I have struggled with this one - I think abstract designs are easier to do. I spent half the time stitching and unpicking and restitching. However I think I am happy with the finished piece.
I tried 2 new pulled thread stitches but otherwise anything new got removed. My fingers don't seem to do exactly what my brain tells them. Maybe I just need lots more practice.
I do like Pulled Thread work and intend to try out more of these stitches - maybe a set of samplers like the illustrated ones in Mary Thomas. My next project is to do some blackwork - I am fascinated in how it can be used to give incredible shading. Some of the work I have found in books is so beautiful.

5 comments:

cindy said...

The opera house was worth all the work. It really looks great. Your stitching is wonderful and it's a great design.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Oh Marg, I really like the way it came out. The stitches that you chose really made it your own, and give it such an elegant look.

verobirdie said...

Marg,
It is simply beautiful !

MargB said...

Cindy, Lynn and Vero
You are very kind. I am enjoying this kind of needlework very much
Marg

monique said...

It's a very beautiful work.