Friday, August 10, 2007

Lesson 5



Lesson 5 has arrived! I am overwhelmed by colour - it had not occurred to me that I would find working in monochrome so much easier than in colour. One less dimension to worry about- no doubt.

I am currently trying out stitches for the background low relief areas. This has been a fun exercise as all the stitches are new to me. If I am to have any hope of finishing this before the end of the course I will have to make up my mind soon.

What a lot of information there has been in the 5 lessons! And how sad I am going to be next Thursday when the last lesson arrives.

While I am stitching my rice and punch stitches occasionally I let my brain wander on the Opera House exercise and have come up with a new sketch(?). I think this one might be fun to do after the course is over. Then again maybe I need to take a course in sketching!

No comments: